TERMS AND CONDITIONS
How to Enter
- New to the Retired Teachers of Ontario Program? To be entered, simply complete the registration of your Memberperks account.
- CONTEST PERIOD: All entries must be completed between 12:01 AM EST May 3, 2021 and 11:59 PM EST on June 18, 2021 (the Contest Period). All entries completed during the Contest Period will be eligible for the draw.
- If your account is cancelled, terminated, or expires during the Contest Period, you will not be eligible to participate in this contest.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Entries will be verified by Venngo (the Contest Sponsor). The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, all of which are void.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and are registered account holders of the Retired Teachers of Ontario program. Contest excludes employees of the Contest Sponsor (and those with whom they are domiciled), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies. Contest Sponsor has the right to verify eligibility of all entries.
- PRIZES: A random draw will be conducted, on or about one week following the end of the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
One (1) prize will be awarded.
Each Prize consists of a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Approximate Retail Value: $269.99 CAD
- PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: Prizes are not transferable. Contest Sponsor agrees to abide by any corporate policy with respect to awarding of prize to account holders. The Contest Sponsor will not intervene in this decision and reserves the right to select another winner if the individual cannot accept the prize offered. No substitution or cash redemption allowed except by the Contest Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered on the release form.
A selected entrant who cannot be contacted (or who fails to respond to any telephone message or email sent to such selected entrant) within three (3) days of the first attempt to contact such selected entrant or who does not accept the prize may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be declared ineligible, and they reserve the right, in such event, in their sole discretion, to select at random one or more additional entrants whom they shall attempt to contact, and who shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable or a determination that a selected entrant was ineligible will result in forfeiture of prize and selection of alternate winner.
Before being awarded a prize, all winners will be required to (i) sign a declaration stating that he/she has read, understood and complied with these Contest Rules, (ii) grants all consents required as contemplated in these Contest Rules, (iii) authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, photograph, likeness and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no compensation to the selected entrant, (iv) accepts the prize as offered, and (v) releases Contest Sponsor, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including but not limited to the Contest Sponsor, from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the selected entrants participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the prize.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the prize draw or in the announcement of prizes. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, withdraw or amend the prize draw for any reason without notice, including, without limitation, voiding the entries at issue and/or terminating the prize draw if Sponsor suspects that tampering has occurred.
- NO RESPONSIBILITY: No responsibility will be taken for any failure of the web site or mobile apps during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrants or any other persons computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or modify this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law — including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- DISPUTES: In the event of a dispute regarding the assignment of an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s email address, mailing address and/or telephone number.
For residents of the Province of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
For residents outside of Quebec, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these contest rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario.